I am a doctoral student at University College London in the Smart Geometry Processing Group supervised by Prof. Niloy J. Mitra. My research is at the intersection of computer graphics, geometry processing and human-computer interaction.
Previously I was an MSc Computer Science student at UCL, I graduated top of my class and was awarded the Peter Williams Prize. I also hold a BA from the University of Leeds.
- September 2017: Our paper Transferring Image-based Edits for Multi-Channel Compositing has been accepted to SIGGRAPH Asia 2017.
- June - October 2017 I was a Lab Associate at Disney Research, Los Angeles. I worked in the Interactive Graphics Group led by Kenny Mitchel.
- March 2017: Our paper How2Sketch: Generating Easy-To-Follow Tutorials for Sketching 3D Objects has been featured on the Two Minute Papers YouTube channel.
- February 2017: I have been awarded a scholarship from The Rabin Ezra Scholarship Trust.
- December 2016: Our paper How2Sketch: Generating Easy-To-Follow Tutorials for Sketching 3D Objects has been accepted to I3D 2017.
- June - September 2016: I completed a second internship at Adobe's Creative Technologies Lab in San Francisco, working with Wilmot Li, Bryan Russell and Eli Shechtman.
- June 2015: Our paper An Image Degradation Model for Depth-augmented Image Editing has been accepted to SGP 2015.
- June - September 2015: I interned at Adobe's Creative Technologies Lab in Seattle, working with Holger Winnemöller and Mira Dontcheva.
- July 2014: I attended the International Computer Vision Summer School in Sicily.
Transferring Image-based Edits for Multi-Channel Compositing
James W. Hennessey, Wilmot Li, Bryan Russell, Eli Shechtman, Niloy J. MitraACM SIGGRAPH Asia 2017
How2Sketch: Generating Easy-To-Follow Tutorials for Sketching 3D Objects
James W. Hennessey, Han Liu, Holger Winnemöller, Mira Dontcheva, Niloy J. MitraACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games 2017
An Image Degradation Model for Depth-augmented Image Editing
James W. Hennessey, Niloy J. MitraEurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing 2015
Tel: +44 (0)20 3108 7135
Smart Geometry Processing Group
Dept. Computer Science
University College London
66 - 72 Gower Street (Room: 5.12)